CONTACT of Mercer County is a non-profit 501(c) (3) volunteer organization incorporated in 1975. We are an active participant in many collaborative efforts to make Mercer County a better and more humane place to live.
CONTACT of Mercer County provides a family of programs which addresses community needs through volunteerism:
- For the past 35 years, CONTACT’S HOTLINE has saved countless number of lives that would have been lost to suicide. Our free crisis intervention has helped many people in Mercer County who are looking for someone to listen, ease their despair and help them share the daily burdens of life.
- Our HOTLINE is staffed exclusively by trained volunteers who provide compassionate listening and safety services to those in need. CONTACT volunteers care about other people and demonstrate their commitment to service through hours of listening to lonely and depressed people.
- CrisisChat allows visitors to communicate with a chat specialist via the internet. For more information and hours of availability, click here.
- To become one of our passionate, skilled volunteers, contact us at (609)-883-2880 to sign up for the Spring Hotline Training.
- Class #80 begins Tuesday, February 11, 2014 and ends April 8, 2014.
Last updated: February 21, 2014
Lead with Experience.
The Senior Corps Retired & Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) is a nationwide volunteer program that invites adults age 55 & over to use their life experience and skills to answer the call of their community in need. Through volunteerism, these adults engage in meaningful and productive activities that support their neighbors and solve community issues. If you are 55 and older, working, semi-retired or retired, and are looking for ways to stay active and serve your community – then RSVP is for YOU.
For more information about RSVP of Mercer County, please contact Hugh Adams, Director of RSVP, via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org Join CONTACT of Mercer County, its Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP), and community host Pennington United Methodist Church as they seek to recruit volunteers for local community agencies. On Tuesday, January 29th , 2013 from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM, in Morrell Hall at the Church in Pennington, 60 South Main Street, Pennington NJ 08534, prospective volunteers of all ages from throughout the Mercer County and Central NJ are invited to meet with representatives of local agencies to consider volunteer service at their centers. Please click here to download the press release and flyer. Our Telephone Reassurance Program utilizes volunteers to provide a free daily outreach telephone call to senior citizens who live alone to check if they are okay or are in need of emergency services. For more information of how to become a Reassurance Volunteer or to enroll as a Reassurance client please contact Susan Soennecken, Director of Reassurance, via e-mail email@example.com.
CONTACT of Mercer County
60 South Main Street
Pennington, NJ 08534
Make a donation safely and simply using PayPal !
CONTACT offers Crisis HOTLINE Training
Spring 2014 Class (#80) will meet weekly on Tuesdays
Starts Tuesday, February 11, 2014
Mornings: 9:30am-12:30pm or Evenings: 7:00pm-10:00pm
Pennington United Methodist Church --- 60 South Main Street Pennington, NJ 08534